Shoe Thrown at China PM Wen Jiabao at Cambridge
A protester threw a shoe at Wen as he was giving a speech at Cambridge University in the UK on Monday, the BGNES news agency reported.
The shoe missed the Chinese PM landing about a meter away from him. The young man who assaulted him with his shoe was shouting "how can the university prostrate itself with this dictator?". He has been detained by the police.
PM Wen's visit to the UK has been marked by repeated civil protests over the issues of Tibet and human rights.
China's PM has become the second victim of shoe-throwing after an Iraqi journalists hurled both of his shoes at the former US President George W. Bush during a press conference in Baghdad in December.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spain Closes 4 More Regions Amid Worsening COVID-19 Situation
- » French President Macron: New Lockdown Rules, People Fill Out Forms to Leave Their Homes
- » COVID-19 in India: Total Cases Surged to 8 Million
- » Germany Registers 16 000 Coronavirus Cases - Highest Daily Increase Since the Pandemic
- » COVID-19: France Considering Re-Introducing of Self-Isolation
- » Arrests and Riots in Some Italian Cities Against Restrictions