Japan's Prince Akishino, Bulgaria President Open Thracian Treasures Exhibit
The opening of the exhibit was the last event from the four-day visit of Bulgaria's President Georgi Parvanov to Japan.
Prince Akishino and President Parvanov are patrons of the "2009 - Year of Bulgaria in Japan" initiative. Prince Akishino is scheduled to visit Bulgaria between May 13 and May 16.
"We used to see the culture of Ancient Thrace is a rather one-sided way. It is in fact way more multi-level that we ever thought. ... It would be great if the Thracian heritage is presented together with all the other components of Bulgaria's culture such as the Medieval period", the renown Bulgarian archaeologist, Professor Nikolay Ovcharov said at the opening of the exhibition in Tokyo, as quoted by the Darik Radio.
Ovcharov also vowed to work for the realization of establishing sister city relations between Japan's Kyoto and Bulgaria's Veliko Turnovo - an idea put forth by President Parvanov on Wednesday during his visit to Kyoto.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Bulgaria: The Russian Church in Sofia is Closing
- » Bulgaria: “Vazrazhdane” Supporters fought with Police and Attacked the Barricades in front of the Monument to the Soviet Army
- » Bulgaria stops importing Russian Crude Oil
- » UK: Five Bulgarians have been accused of Espionage in favor of Russia
- » Bulgaria expelled a senior Russian Cleric