Oman's Sultan Buys 30% of Bulgaria's Corporate Commercial Bank
The deal still has to be approved by the Bulgarian National Bank and the Competition Protection Agency.
The State Fund of the Sultan of Oman is one of the main investment institutions of the government of His Highness. It has already realized a number of investments in Bulgaria, and sees the acquisition of part of the shareholding capital of the Corporate Commercial Bank as furthering its investment strategy in the country.
At the same time, the deal solidifies the ambitions of the Bank's shareholders to turn it into a leading corporate banking institution in Bulgaria, the BGNES news agency reported.
In 2008 the Corporate Commercial Bank had a net profit of BGN 40,3 M, which is a 74% growth compared to 2007. The total worth of the Bank's assets is BGN 2,1 B.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Feature-Rich Bitcoin Mining Software Programs
- » Bulgarian Tourism Reports the Most Difficult Summer Season and Losses of Nearly 80%
- » France: Eiffel Tower Evacuated 'Over Bomb Threat'
- » WHO: Tobacco Responsible for 20% of Deaths from Coronary Heart Disease
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 73: No Tension, "Great People's Uprising" Scheduled for September 22