Animals in Sofia Zoo Severely Affected by Russian Gas Cut
As the central heating was stopped, zoo workers rushed for electric heaters and oil burners to keep elephants, hippos and rhinoceros warm. The Siberian tigers were some of the few enjoying the cold conditions.
"About a third of the animals are vulnerable to cold," said the zoo's director Ivan Ivanov.
Bulgaria, the poorest state in the EU, is suffering hardest from the termination of Russian gas supplies over the ongoing Russia-Ukraine price dispute, as the country relies almost entirely on Russian gas supply.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 new cases
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases
- » Chief Health Inspector Kunchev: High Mortality Rate from Covid-19 in Bulgaria Must Be Analysed
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector Alerts to Insufficient Vaccination Rate
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 100 Newly Infected, 15 Fatalities
- » Hitchhockian Horror in Sofia – Crows Attack People