Pope's Anti-Gay Remarks Spur Controversy
Speaking in a holiday address to the Curia, Pope Benedict XVI described behaviour beyond traditional heterosexual relations as "a destruction of God's work" and urged respect for the "nature of the human being as man and woman."
His remarks were immediately denounced as "totally irresponsible and unacceptable" by gay groups across Europe.
"It is more the case that we need to be saved from his comments. It is comments like this that justify homophobic bullying that goes on in schools and it is comments like this that justify gay bashing," the chief of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement chief, Sharon Ferguson, has said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister
- » Trump Says Science Doesn't Know About Climate Change, He Does