Pope's Anti-Gay Remarks Spur Controversy
Speaking in a holiday address to the Curia, Pope Benedict XVI described behaviour beyond traditional heterosexual relations as "a destruction of God's work" and urged respect for the "nature of the human being as man and woman."
His remarks were immediately denounced as "totally irresponsible and unacceptable" by gay groups across Europe.
"It is more the case that we need to be saved from his comments. It is comments like this that justify homophobic bullying that goes on in schools and it is comments like this that justify gay bashing," the chief of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement chief, Sharon Ferguson, has said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin signed the Laws to Annex Four Ukrainian Territories
- » EU countries agreed on the Eighth Package of Sanctions against Russia
- » The Bulgarian MEPs with a Joint Declaration on Schengen
- » Day 224 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv's Counteroffensive against Moscow's forces continues
- » US, South Korea test-fire Missiles in response to North Korea
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees