Romanian-English Fertilizer Producers Sacks 5 500 Workers
The company is going to close down all of its six chemical plants, which produce fertilizers. The only way to save the factories would be if the Romanian state supported the company, the InterAgro President Ioan Niculae is quoted as saying.
Such a step, however, would be a breach of EU competition rules, and is therefore unlikely.
Niculae also said the closure of the company factories would incur losses of USD 100 M. InterAgro exports its fertilizer production, and the declining demand on the international market due to the global financial crisis has affected the company.
Bulgaria's fertilizer producer Agropolychim has also been troubled by the effects of the global financial crisis, and has had to shut down temporarily its production lines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev and BICA Discuss How to Effective Invest EU Funds in the Bulgarian Economy
- » Bulgarian Fibank Increases Its Capital
- » Bulgarian Parliament: 24 Deputies Fined for Not Wearing Masks
- » NPC International, The Largest Franchisee of Pizza Hut in U.S., Files for Bankruptcy
- » EasyJet May Cut Three UK Airport Bases
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Angelkova: The Measure 60/40 Becomes 80/20 for the Tourism Sector