TWO WB PROJECTS TO SUPPORT AGRICULTURE
Business | July 7, 2001, Saturday // 00:00
Two projects in support of Bulgaria`s agricultural development were signed by Finance Minister M. Radev and Andrew Vorkink, country director for Bulgaria at the World Bank (WB): the Cadastre and Land Registration project /EUR 33.5 M/ and the Agricultural Sector Adjustment project /ASAL II, EUR 55.8 M/. The first project aims at changing the system of property registration from personal-based to parcel-based following the best international practice. It will ensure that citizens have easier and accelerated access to the information needed for land transactions. The implementation of the new system will start in selected pilot regions: Balchik, Asenovgrad, Dupnitsa, Samokov, and Smolyan, and later will cover all 28 regional cadastre offices. ASAL II (building on the success of the ASAL I) supports the further comprehensive reform of agriculture sector policies: land and cereals markets, agriculture enterprise privatisation, irrigation institutions and legislation, etc. As a result, Bulgaria will improve opportunities for income earning for rural producers, thus contributing to rural employment generation and raising rural living standards.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low