PRESIDENT AND SIMEON II TALK FOR 1.5 HRS
Politics | July 6, 2001, Friday // 00:00
The first official consultations between President Peter Stoyanov and representatives of the Simeon II National Movement coalition (SNM) on the formation of the future cabinet lasted an hour and a half. SNM was represented by the coalition`s leader Simeon Saxe-Coburg, National Assembly Chairman Yordan Gerdzhikov and SNM floor leader Plamen Panayotov. In a very brief statement for the media Simeon II said that the meeting discussed procedural issues and that more consultations will be held next Thursday. Simeon II would not answer journalist questions. Speaking before journalists Stoyanov, said that the formation of the cabinet is a constitutional and political trial for each new majority, irrespective of how many MPs it has. Stoyanov`s consultations with the United Democratic Forces are scheduled for Monday morning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Pro-EU Protest against the President with chants “This is Not Moscow”
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office requested the Immunity of Boyko Borissov for Money Laundering
- » Adviser to a Bulgarian PM leaked Classified Information to a citizen of North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Court denied Asylum to an opponent of Putin: “There is No Danger for him in Russia”
- » Kiril Petkov: We will not allow Bulgaria to take a Fast Course towards Eurasia
- » Bulgarian Security Service Chief: We do not Coordinate with Partner Countries