BULGARIA DONATES 2 COMBAT VESSELS TO GEORGIA
Politics | July 6, 2001, Friday // 00:00
Two landing boats stationed at the Burgas naval base were handed over to the Georgian navy on Friday morning. The vessels were donated to Georgia under a bilateral military cooperation agreement and will be the only boats of this kind in Georgia. The boats were manufactured at the Burgas shipyard in 1974 and were launched in 1975. The Bulgarian navy has 24 vessels of this kind, 14 of them are stationed in Burgas. The two vessels are donated in the name of both countries` security and that of the Black Sea. The strengthening of Georgia`s defence means greater security for Bulgaria as well, Bulgarian Defence Minister Boiko Noev said, adding that is a format for active cooperation en route to both countries` NATO membership.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Delyan Peevski became a Member of the Commission on Constitutional Affairs
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament rejected a Proposal to Terminate the Defense Cooperation Agreement with the US
- » "Vazrazhdane" admits that Bulgaria will Accept the Euro and wants to Postpone it As Long as Possible
- » Bulgaria: Deputy PM Mariya Gabriel accepted the post of Foreign Minister from Ivan Kondov
- » Survey: 53% of Bulgarians expect Conflicts in the Work of the New Cabinet
- » The New Prime Minister of Bulgaria: Who is Nikolay Denkov?