GEORGI PARVANOV, BSP: WE INTED TO BE RESPONSIBLE OPPOSITION
Views on BG | July 6, 2001, Friday // 00:00
The starting point in our analyses, conclusions and forecasts is that this National Assembly exemplifies the idea for security and stability of change. By virtue of the election results our natural place is in the opposition space, Georgi Parvanov, chair of the Bulgarian Socialist Party. We will formulate our attitude to the majority when the decorative programme we heard is developed into the respective governmental projects and views. The Coalition for Bulgaria will be a constructive, nationally-responsible and socially-engaged opposition. We are not entering this parliament to shorten its term but to work for a new parliament: a parliament of dialogue and consent. The first round of problems on which the government and the opposition have to find a common language is connected with strengthening the constitution and stabilisation of the institutions. The government will have our support for their possible efforts to restore the prestige of the state and the state system. We will object categorically to any attempt to change or revoke the Constitution, as concerns the government organization. Amendments to the Constitution can only be discussed if they are connected with the harmonisation of Bulgaria`s legislation with the European one.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'