Bulgaria Chooses Madara Horseman for National Symbol at Euro Coin Design
The relief near Bulgaria's town of Shumen gathered a total of 25% of all citizens across the country, who voted for months to choose between the rose, the Rila monastery, Madara Horseman and the Cyrillic alphabet.
The final discussion is to take place in the National museum of History, as Bulgaria's President Georgi Parvanov has also attended it.
The relief depicts a majestic horseman thrusting a spear into a lion lying at his horse's feet while an eagle is flying in front of the rider and a dog is running after him. The scene symbolically depicts a military triumph and was engraved in the rock during Khan Tervel's rule.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO maintains Highest Level of Alert for COVID, but Sees Hope this Year
- » February in Bulgaria: From -12 to +20 Degrees
- » Bulgarian Scientists with a New Method for the Purity of Beer
- » Young Man is in Coma after an Accident between Car and Ambulance on the Ring Road in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 20 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Two weeks of Winter with Snow and up to Minus 10 Degrees in some places