TALKS ON JUSTICE/HOME AFFAIRS WITH EU BEGAN
Politics | June 28, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
Bulgaria started talks on the Justice/Home Affairs chapter during the extraordinary round of negotiations at the level of chief negotiators. In reality, the talks on this chapter should have started at the beginning of June but the presidency could not prepare EU`s position because it was busy reconciling the stands of the 15 member states on chapters such as the Free Movement of People. Participants in the meeting also discussed the chapter Free Movement of Capital, which Bulgaria is likely to close at the next meeting in July. It has been said that Bulgaria accepts EU`s proposal for a transition period of seven years before foreign companies can buy farmland and forests in Bulgaria. Bulgaria has held negotiations on 19 chapters, 10 of which have been closed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: Serbia does not fulfill the Agreements on the Rights of Bulgarians in the Country
- » Will we Arrest Putin if he comes to Bulgaria?
- » Bulgaria: Hundreds Protested in Sofia, demanding the Impeachment of President Radev
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » The Austrian President: Bulgaria is ready for Schengen
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association