SOFIANSKI TURNS DOWN KING`S PROPOSAL TO BECOME PM
Politics | June 28, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
On Tuesday evening Sofia mayor Stephan Sofianski reportedly refused the proposal of the King to head the NMS II government, Standart daily says. The mayor, his wife Alice, Simeon II and Queen Margarita had a family dinner at the Vrana residence. The conversation was not attended by anyone else. Last Thursday I already said I would remain mayor and would not become either PM or minister. I won`t change my decision, Sofianski told `Standart` yesterday. He denied the allegations that he and Simeon II had discussed the composition of the future cabinet and the options for the premiership. It was a family dinner, our talk was in principle, the mayor added. The conversation lasted for around two hours, sources from His Majesty`s Secretariat reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today is a Day for Reflection before Tomorrow’s Vote in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria received one MiG-29 Engine from Poland
- » Exacta Survey: It is Impossible to Predict who will Win the Elections in Bulgaria
- » The Authorities in North Macedonia Erased a Second Bulgarian Club
- » “Trend” Survey before the Elections in Bulgaria: Unclear Winner and Disputed Third Place
- » Gallup Survey: The Winner of the Elections in Bulgaria will be Decided at the Last Minute