BULGARIA OPENS JUSTICE AND INTERIOR CHAPTER
Politics | June 28, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
BULGARIA opened the justice and interior chapter at yesterday`s extraordinary round of the negotiations on EU accession at the level of chief negotiators. I am happy that this chapter was opened during Sweden`s presidency, Bulgarian chief negotiator Vladimir Kisyov said. The chapter on free movement of capitals, which is expected to be closed at the next session in July, was also discussed. Kisyov presented Bulgaria`s stands on two of the difficult chapters: preservation of the environment and tax policy. We hope to open all the 31 chapters and close 20 by the end of Belgium`s presidency, Kisyov said. So far Bulgaria has opened 19 chapters, 10 have been closed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Austrian President: Bulgaria is ready for Schengen
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria and 9 other ЕU Countries are not Participating in the Joint Procurement of Ammunition for Ukraine
- » The Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Intensifies: 1.6 times Increase in the Number of People Caught