SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL IS MEETING PALESTINIAN LEADER YASSER A...
World | April 14, 2002, Sunday // 00:00
Secretary of State Colin Powell is meeting Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat in his besieged West Bank headquarters. The head-to-head comes after Arafat condemned violence by both sides in the Mideast conflict. Powell had originally postponed talks with Arafat after a suicide bomber killed six people Friday in Jerusalem. Arafat's statement, condemning Palestinian suicide bombings and the killing of Palestinian civilians during the Israeli offensive in the West Bank, cleared the way for the meeting with Powell. The statement read: "We strongly condemn violent operations that target Israeli civilians, especially the last operation in Jerusalem.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » MEPs call for Hungary's EU Presidency to be Postponed
- » Day 462 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia announced that it had Sunk Ukraine's last Warship
- » Artificial Intelligence could wipe out Humanity according to Experts
- » Blinken: Now is the Time for Sweden to join NATO
- » Failure: North Korea's Spy Satellite Crashed into the Sea