MARKING THE WORST BATTLE IN A SIX-YEAR-OLD GUERRILLA WAR, NEPALESE AUT...
World | April 13, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
Marking the worst battle in a six-year-old guerrilla war, Nepalese authorities on Saturday raised the death toll from a night of fighting to 160 -- many of them police beheaded by Maoist rebels. The dramatic jump in the death -- the government had reported 54 deaths Friday -- was revealed by local officials to journalists who traveled overnight by road to the two remote towns in western Nepal that saw most of the fighting on Thursday night and early Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo
- » Leading Chinese Scientist: Don't rule out COVID-19 coming from a Lab
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo