ETHIOPIA AND ERITREA HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF A NEW BORDER DRAWN UP BY AN...
World | April 13, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
Ethiopia and Eritrea have been informed of a new border drawn up by an international committee in a bid to end a long-standing conflict and bring peace to the Horn of Africa. The 96-member state Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) in The Hague conveyed its decision to both countries on Saturday, court spokesman Dane Ratliff told Reuters. U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan has urged both countries to accept and implement the border commission's ruling. Annan has described it as a milestone in resolving their 1998-2000 conflict which has claimed an estimated 70,000 lives.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo
- » Leading Chinese Scientist: Don't rule out COVID-19 coming from a Lab
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo