POLICE SAY SIX PEOPLE DIED FRIDAY IN A TERROR ATTACK BY A SUICIDE BOMB...
World | April 12, 2002, Friday // 00:00
Police say six people died Friday in a terror attack by a suicide bomber at a Jerusalem bus stop -- shortly after U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell met in another part of town with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to discuss how Israel might end its military operation in Palestinian cities. More than 60 people were wounded, according to medics at the scene. "Apparently a suicide bomber blew himself up at a bus station near the Mahane Yehuda market," a police spokesman said. Officials said there was a suicide bomber either on or near a bus. People, some hysterical, some covered with blood, were being escorted away from the scene by rescue workers. The Mahane Yehuda market is a open-air market. It was crowded as shoppers bought groceries in anticipation of the Jewish Sabbath, which begins at sundown. Earlier, in a news conference after the Powell-Sharon meeting, Powell said the two men had not yet reached an agreement on a schedule to end the Israeli operation. "We don't have a specific timetable," said Powell. But Sharon did say he hopes to conclude what he called the war against the Palestinian "infrastructure of terrorism" shortly.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party