U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL, AFTER MEETING FRIDAY WITH ISRAEL...
World | April 12, 2002, Friday // 00:00
U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, after meeting Friday with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, said the two had not yet reached an agreement on a schedule to end the Israeli military operation in the Palestinian territories. "We don't have a specific timetable," said Powell. But Sharon did say he hopes to conclude what he called the war against the Palestinian "infrastructure of terrorism" shortly. Powell is expected to hold a similar meeting with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who has been under siege for nearly two weeks at his West Bank compound in Ramallah, on Saturday. Earlier, a senior Israeli army officer confirmed that hundreds of Palestinians had been injured or killed in the fierce fighting that accompanied Israel's incursion into the Jenin refugee camp.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party