U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL, AFTER MEETING FRIDAY WITH ISRAEL...
World | April 12, 2002, Friday // 00:00
U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, after meeting Friday with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, said the two had not yet reached an agreement on a schedule to end the Israeli military operation in the Palestinian territories. "We don't have a specific timetable," said Powell. But Sharon did say he hopes to conclude what he called the war against the Palestinian "infrastructure of terrorism" shortly. Powell is expected to hold a similar meeting with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who has been under siege for nearly two weeks at his West Bank compound in Ramallah, on Saturday. Earlier, a senior Israeli army officer confirmed that hundreds of Palestinians had been injured or killed in the fierce fighting that accompanied Israel's incursion into the Jenin refugee camp.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Majority of the Bulgarian Community in Zaporizhzhia is under Occupation
- » Day 471 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is waging a Counteroffensive on at least 3 Fronts
- » Member States agreed on "Fair Distribution" of Refugees and Migrants in the EU
- » Charges have been Filed against former US President Donald Trump
- » Turkey is preparing to take command of NATO forces in Kosovo
- » The Eurozone was in Recession in the First Quarter of 2023