MR STOJILJKOVIC - WHO HEADED THE POLICE UNDER FORMER PRESIDENT SLOBODA...
World | April 12, 2002, Friday // 00:00
Mr Stojiljkovic - who headed the police under former President Slobodan Milosevic - shot himself in front of the federal parliament just hours after its members voted to allow the extradition of suspects to The Hague tribunal. Yugoslav President Vojislav Kostunica described the suicide as a "tragic event" and said it was a "warning to the international community that constantly sets conditions, pressures us and dictates behaviour". The co-operation law was passed after the United States froze its aid to Yugoslavia because of delays in handing over war crimes suspects.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2024: The EU will Run out of Money for Ukraine
- » The Turkish Lira hit a New Record Low
- » The OECD Forecasts Global Economic growth of 2.7% this year and 2.9% in 2024
- » Day 469 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kherson is under water, Ukraine wants Help from the EU
- » Earthquake with Magnitude above 5 in Romania, also felt in Hungary
- » The European Commission approved 77 Million Euros in State Aid for Areas with High Unemployment in Bulgaria