THE HEAD OF VENEZUELA'S LARGEST BUSINESS ASSOCIATION WAS NAMED LEADER ...
World | April 12, 2002, Friday // 00:00
The head of Venezuela's largest business association was named leader of an interim government Friday, following the resignation of Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez. The new leader, Pedro Carmona Estanga, is the president of the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry. He was one of the most visible leaders of the opposition movement. The armed forces demanded Chavez's resignation Thursday after a day of violent demonstrations in which 12 people were killed and dozens more were wounded, according to local television reports. Chavez has been detained at the army's general headquarters in Caracas, the nation's capital. Members of the government -- including Chavez -- are expected to be investigated for their roles in the deaths.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Commission announced 4 Criminal Procedures against Bulgaria
- » Eurozone Annual Inflation slows sharply in May to 6.1%
- » The Council of the EU approved the Istanbul Convention
- » "The Times": Bulgaria to help Rishi Sunak stop Illegal Immigration
- » Day 463 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Missile Attack on Kyiv, Russians Kill One Child on Children’s Day
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina