Mayoral Run Delays Trashing Case against Bulgaria Ex-Nationalist Leader
The defendant is one of the mayoral candidates in the capital city of Sofia and whatever the court's decision would be, it will influence the pre-election campaign, the judges claimed.
The next hearing on the case has been scheduled for November 20, and the previous one, held in the beginning of July, was put off after the lawyer of Chernev did not appear in the court hall.
The incident, Chernev has allegedly caused, took place on February 7 last year when Ivaylo Dachov, 35, was leaving the building of the SKAT TV channel where he participated in a dispute, the BPU management then announced.
Dachov was severely beaten up by Chernev, who claimed that BPU should not participate in programs of SKAT TV channel. The TV channel is known for the fact that Volen Siderov, leader of the nationalist party Ataka, has its own show there.
As a result of the trashing the victim had a tooth knocked out and one of his ribs broken.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5