Paris Hilton Banned from Oktoberfest
EonLine reports the "official" reason is that she "cheapened" the festival last year, but rumours have it that the real reason is that she showed up last year in a dirndl dress and braids, as part of an advertising campaign for canned wine.
And as we know Oktoberfest is all about beer, so what was she thinking promoting canned wine anyway?
This year's "praising the beer" Oktoberfess kicked off on September 23 when Munich's mayor joyously hammered a tap into fest's first barrel of beer, opening the annual drinking spree Saturday with the traditional cry of "It's tapped!"
Thousands of visitors crowded into the sprawling Theresienwiese festival grounds as Mayor Christian Ude launched the 174th Oktoberfest and passed the first beer to Bavarian Governor Edmund Stoiber. A 12-gun salute signaled that it was time to start serving the public.
The festival's tents offer seating for some 100,000 people. The Oktoberfest runs through October 3.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finding Entertainment Online: Have Your Pick
- » Using Words of Affirmation in Your Relationship: Best Tips
- » Interesting: Drink Coffee to Decrease Heart Failure Risk
- » China Launches Match Making Campaign as Marriage and Birth Rates Drop
- » Research: Facial Ageing Accelerates by Fat Loss
- » What Gambling Trends Will We See This Year?