Bulgarians Out of Step with Politics, News
Having read the article "Survey Shows Bulgaria Out of Step with EU, Closest to Russia" prompted me to share my experiences regarding Bulgarians and politics as a whole.
Almost five years out of England living in a small town in central Bulgaria, both my husband and I have made many, many attempts to talk generally about politics or about certain important news items.
"Our concerns are our stomachs, not politics".. "talking about politics won't put our food on the table"... "the news, ah, who cares about the people in our town?"... "some of Bulgaria might benefit from EU funding or increase in salaries, but not here, no-one thinks about us. People here don't even get paid their salaries, who cares about them..." "talking about Government news or Politics or the EU won't do anything for us"... "the news only depresses us, not interested in news, politics, statistics...".
Very few people in Bulgaria are interested in politics. INTERESTING!!!!!
Mrs J Crowie
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo