ARMS EXPORTS DOUBLE IN SECOND HALF OF 2001
Business | March 27, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgaria’s arms exports in the second half of last year amounted to USD 200 M, double the amount for the full 200, Vladimir Velichkov, head of the state commission on arms exports said at the Roundtable on Bulgaria’s arms industry. The rise is attributed to improved relations with Russia and the renewal of production licenses of local arms producers, Economy Minister Nikolay Vassilev said. India, the Czech Republic, United States, Great Britain and some countries in Asia and South America were the biggest buyers of Bulgarian arms. A total of 24 enterprises in the sector have been privatized so far, Economy Ministry data show. According to Minister Vassilev the state’s strict control has prevented international scandals involving Bulgarian arms sales to rogue states. Fines of up to BGN 1 M will be imposed for illegal trade in arms under legislative amendments approved by the Cabinet earlier this year.Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Ski Season in Chepelare Opens on Saturday, Says Mayor
- » Qatar Will Invest $ 20 Billion in the United States
- » Boyko Borisov Will Participate in the Africa-Europe Forum in Vienna
- » Minister Angelkova: We have to Continue Investing in Tourist Infrastructure in Bulgaria
- » Dr. Boyko Takov: We See Untapped Potential for Development of Trade and Investment Partnership between Bulgaria and Spain
- » New Ski Season Opens in Bulgaria’s Bansko Mountain Resort
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)