Medieval Gold Jewellery Found in Thracian Mound in Bulgaria
The artifacts were discovered in the tombs of three women by one of Bulgaria's best-known archaeologists, Professor Georgi Kitov.
"In 13th-14th century BC there was a medieval settlement near the mound," professor Kitov explained.
The finds will be preserved in the museum of history in the nearby town of Sliven.
After the unearthing of the first layer in the place, the excavation works will continue. There are to be performed such in a total of 12 Thracian mounds in the region during this summer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo