INTERVIEW WITH PRESIDENT STOYANOV CONDUCTED BY STANDART DAILY
- I think that this problem has to be resolved by the leadership itself. While Ivan Kostov kept a tight rein on power, I, as you may remember, have never saved him critical remarks or spared him my disapproval. But now, when he lost the election, don't expect me to join the people who would cast stones at him. Neither now nor later. If we are to discuss resignations in principle, I think that in this respect the UDF has worked out an ethical pattern and it took root already in 1994. In this sense, if the leadership decides that Kostov has to resign, in my opinion he has not to just resign, but name his successor, the next UDF leader, he is to back him up exploiting all his political resources and help him make the first steps. This will be the most reliable warranty for the integrity of the UDF.
Who has to become the next leader of the UDF?
- You are asking too much from a president.
Is it true that you tried to appease Kostov and Sofianski?
- No, this is not true at all.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Bread and Grain Products Rose in Price more than the Average Inflation
- » Bulgaria: One Billion BGN are Provided in the 2022 Budget for Food Vouchers
- » Bulgarian Experts: Life will Continue to Become More Expensive in the Coming Months
- » Ireland has Lifted almost All Restrictions due to Large Number of Booster Doses
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Manufacturer: The price of Cheese can Jump up to 100%