PRESIDENT CONVENES NEW PARLIAMENT JULY 5
Politics | June 21, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
President Peter Stoyanov will convene the newly elected Parliament on July 5, the President`s Press Secretariat said Thursday, June 21. July 5 is the 18th day within the one-month period following the parliamentary vote, during which the head of state is required to convene the National Assembly. The former National Assembly, too, was convoked on the 18th day after the elections in 1997. The President convenes Parliament for its first sitting pursuant to Article 75 of the Constitution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was again covered with Red Paint
- » Bulgaria: GERB freezes Negotiations with WCC-DB on forming a Government
- » After the Recordings: The Leadership of GERB will Analyze the New Political Situation
- » Kiril Petkov: We are observing the Coordination of the Pro-Russian Forces in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: "Vazrazhdane" will file a Report against Petkov and Vassilev for Treason
- » MP from WCC-DB Left the Party and Released a Compromising Recording with Kiril Petkov