STOYANOV HOPES NEW TEAM WILL DIRECT TO NATO TOO
Politics | June 21, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
The President voiced hope that the new Bulgarian government will continue at the same pace and with the same ambition along the path towards NATO membership. It was said in a working lunch with the ambassadors of the NATO member states Thursday. The traditional working meeting was hosted by Belgian Ambassador here Edmond de Vilde. July 1 Belgium takes over the rotating EU presidency. The previous such meeting which the Bulgarian head-of-state attended took place April 19. The meeting focused on the relations between Bulgaria and NATO and Bulgaria`s expectations to join the Alliance in 2002, the President said after the meeting. `We talked about both the new parliament and the new government`s readiness to work in this direction as seriously and enthusiastically as did the people before them,` said Stoyanov. Speaking after the meeting the Belgian Ambassador said the NATO ambassadors support Bulgaria`s efforts for a Euro-Atlantic future and the country`s perseverance in trying to achieve the aim which it set before itself four years ago, and wish Bulgaria success in this. The President said that the meeting discussed the situation in Macedonia in the context of Bulgaria`s bid for NATO membership.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo
- » The Bulgarians may enter North Macecdonia’s Constitution with the Egyptians and 4 other Nations
- » Bulgaria: WCC-DB and GERB-SDS renewed Negotiations for a Government
- » Bulgaria: Denkov confirmed that WCC-DB's Negotiations with GERB are Resuming
- » Bulgaria: Borissov refuses to Give Up his Immunity Voluntarily
- » Bulgaria: Pro-EU Protest against the President with chants “This is Not Moscow”