SOFYANSKI: KOSTOV MUST LEAVE NOW
Politics | June 21, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
Mayor of Sofia Srefan Sofiyanski, former interim Prime Minister in 1997, appealed the executive body of Union of Democratic Forces must resign and Prime Minister Ivan Kostov should step back with dignity. `I appeal it not as a mayor, just as a regular party member.`, he added. President Stoyanov commented that `UDF already has a civilized procedure in such cases, established in 1994`. In that year former PM Philip Dimitrov resigned after heavily losing the elections. UDF executive body did not comment the news, they invited mayor Sofiyankski at a special meeting to explain his appeal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s President handed over the Second Mandate to WCC-DB and Demonstrated his Displeasure
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: The Defensive Shield-23 Exercise achieved its Goals of assembling a Multinational Battalion
- » A special US envoy is coming to Bulgaria because of Disinformation
- » Radev with his First Comment on the Leaked Recordings: The Services do not belong to the President
- » "Democrats for a Strong Bulgaria": We will make every Possible Effort to broadcast a Regular Cabinet
- » Bulgaria: The MP who Leaked the Recordings Fears for his Life