Marble Phrygian Goddess Statue Discovered in Bulgaria
The rare find was unearthed during excavation works, done because of the construction of a new private hotel.
"The statue has no head and part of the goddess' palm is also missing," the curator of the local museum Radostina Encheva said.
It emerged that a column with a Latin inscription and an architectural element with bulls' heads were discovered on the same spot on Monday.
The construction works have been left. The police will keep the site until a team of archaeologists makes excavations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 593 COVID-19 Infected, Another Death Case
- » BRC: A Chinese Company has Provided 150,000 Protective Masks
- » A 48-Year-Old Bulgarian with Suspected Coronavirus Infection Died in Spain
- » Code Yellow Warning of Rough Seas Issued for the Coastal Area of Burgas Region
- » Jack Dorsey, Co-Founder of Twitter Donates $ 1 Billion from his Personal Wealth to Help Fight COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Allocates nearly BGN 200,000 to Help Albania Recover from the Earthquake