Levski, CSKA Score Emphatic Wins Before "Eternal Derby"
CSKA cruised to victory against Rilski Sportist, winning 3-0 through goals by Florentin Petre, Evgeni Yordanov and Ododji, missing another score of chances.
"We won categorically, without too much effort, which is satisfying. The most important thing is that we got three points," CSKA manager Stoycho Mladenov said in his post-match comments.
"We have one week before the game with Levski to prepare the players physically and psychologically, but the less we talk about that game, the better," he added.
Levski proved to be less wasteful in their game against Marek, winning it easily 8-0 to make up to their fans for last week's 2-1 loss to Rilski Sportist.
Levski's goals came from Emil Angelov and Nickolay Dimitrov, who both scored braces, as well as Dimitar Telkiyski, Zhivko Milanov, Cedric Bardon and Jayeoba, who scored in his first game after an injury layoff.
Lokomotiv Sofia stayed in the championship race, after winning 2-0 at home against Cherno More.
Levski remain top of the table, with 51 points from 20 games. CSKA and Lokomotiv Sofia are neck-in-neck for second, with 48 points, CSKA edging it on goal difference.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Best Football Matches to Watch This Year
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match