AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE TO RAISE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO REBUILD MA...
World | March 12, 2002, Tuesday // 00:00
An international conference to raise millions of dollars to rebuild Macedonia's war-ravaged economy takes place in Brussels.The meeting was given the go-ahead after the Macedonian parliament adopted key parts of an agreement which ended the conflict with ethnic Albanian rebels last year. Macedonian leaders say they hope for more than 250 million euros ($220m) in pledges from more than 40 countries at the conference, which is backed by the European Commission and the World Bank. Most of the money has been earmarked to help balance the Macedonian Government's cash-strapped budget, while the rest - about $70m - will pay for implementing the specific proposals of the peace agreement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Leading Chinese Scientist: Don't rule out COVID-19 coming from a Lab
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 460 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile Attack in the Morning and at Noon