World Skating Champions to Finally Tie the Knot
Champions for two years in a row, Denkova and Staviiski managed to battle against all odds in the sport's subjective marks, Bulgaria's appalling skating conditions and lots of contusions.
Now they will mark another joyous event that hundreds of fans have eagerly been expecting for over a year now - their wedding, private bTV channel reported.
The duo's magical rendition of the seven deadly sins in a tango recorded by Bulgaria's famed violin player Vasko Vassilev brought them the decisive win for a second year in a row.
"We were under deadly pressure but still managed to perfectly perform our free dance. The feeling is incredible!" Albena Denkova said. She has often said that she finds it hard to dance under the sounds of Vassilev's violin, because it is so deep and moving that her knees go weak.
Second ranked Canada's Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon. The Americans Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto took the bronze medals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Best Football Matches to Watch This Year
- » Football: Beroe - Favorite of Bookmakers in the Derby with Slavia
- » Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Pironkova is Making History on US Open
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tennis Star Tsveti Pironkova Beats Vekic
- » US Open: Bulgarian Tsveti Pironkova Outplays Muguruza, Grigor Dimitrov Loses in a 5-Hour Match