PRESIDENT BUSH SATURDAY SIGNED A STRIPPED-DOWN VERSION OF AN ECONOMIC ...
World | March 10, 2002, Sunday // 00:00
President Bush Saturday signed a stripped-down version of an economic stimulus bill that extends unemployment benefits for displaced workers, but doesn't contain the tax cuts the president originally supported. "We're seeing some encouraging signs in the economy, but we can't stand by and simply hope for continued recovery," Bush said in his Saturday radio address, given live from the Rose Garden where he signed the bill. "We must work for it. We must make sure that our recovery continues and gains momentum."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start