SPAIN’S PM INVITED CANDIDATE STATES TO EU SUMMIT IN BARCELONA
Politics | March 10, 2002, Sunday // 00:00
Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, whose country currently holds the rotating leadership of the European Union, invited the candidate countries to Spain to participate in an EU summit next week. In a letter to the leaders of the candidate countries, Aznar on Saturday asked the 13 candidate countries from the East to join leaders from the 15 EU nations in the northeastern Spanish port city of Barcelona on March 15-16. Three separate work meetings are expected to take place on Friday, the opening day of the summit: one with the presidents and prime minsiters, another with the foreign ministers and a third gathering the finance ministers. Prime Minister Saxe-Coburg will participate in the meeting of the European Council in Barcelona on March 15. Bulgaria's Foreign Minister will leave on a working visit to Spain March 14.He is scheduled to meet with his Spanish counterpart Josep Pique and with Defence Minister Federico Trillo. Passy will probably meet with Senate spokesperson Esperanza Aguirre Gil de Biedma, as well.On March 15 Passy will attend a session of the EU's General Affairs Council in Barcelona.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gallup Survey: The Winner of the Elections in Bulgaria will be Decided at the Last Minute
- » Survey before the Elections in Bulgaria: Intrigue for the First Place and Low Voter Turnout on April 2
- » USA: Today We Celebrate 19 years of Bulgaria in NATO
- » Bulgaria’s VMZ - Sopot might Produce 155-mm Shells but only Experimentally
- » Kiril Petkov: We are ready to Talk with Everyone, even GERB, but about Policies
- » Bulgarian PM: They will not Scare Us with Bomb Threats, Don’t be Afraid to Vote