BULGARIAN LEV/EURO OPENS FLAT, LEV/DLR FIRMER
Business | March 10, 2002, Sunday // 00:00
Bulgaria's lev opened at 1.9486/1.9487 per euro on Friday, almost unchanged from 1.9485/1.9487 at Thursday's close in calm morning interbank trade, dealers said, as quoted by Reuters. Against the dollar, the lev opened at 2.214/2.215, stronger than Thursday's 2.218/2.219, reflecting euro's rebound against the dollar on global markets through the lev/euro peg. Bulgaria pegged the lev at 1.95583 per euro from 1999 as part of its currency board system backed by the International Monetary Fund.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia