Bulgaria Seeks Delay over Natura 2000
The coalition "Natura 2000 for the benefit of municipalities" made the statement on Sunday, saying there is no consensus over the borders of the Europe-wide network.
At the beginning of the month the government said it would make public within a month the mapping out of land, to be included in Natura 2000.
The restrictive regime of each of the zones will be defined by the environment minister after public debates with the landowners.
Natura 2000 programme has triggered waves of protests from two opposing camps. Eco-activists want more territories included in the program, while landowners fear they will not be able to cash in on the lucrative real estate business in Bulgaria if their parcels come into it.
Lack of sufficient information about Natura 2000 has been blamed for the public outcry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatia's Ruling Party Wins Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » Bulgaria Asks Why Britain Lifts Quarantine For More Than 50 Nations — But Not For Bulgarians