THE TRIAL OF FORMER YUGOSLAV LEADER SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC HAS BEEN POSTPO...
World | March 5, 2002, Tuesday // 00:00
The trial of former Yugoslav leader Slobodan Milosevic has been postponed after a fire broke out in a kitchen at the war crimes tribunal in The Hague. The building was evacuated after thick smoke started billowing from the cafeteria on the second floor, just minutes before Mr Milosevic's trial was due to resume. Tribunal spokesman Jin Landale said the proceedings would be postponed until Wednesday, although firefighters have managed to extinguish the blaze. Mr Milosevic, who has been on trial for three weeks on charges of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, was taken back to the tribunal's detention centre in Scheveningen, according to one of his lawyers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure