AT LEAST SEVEN U.S. TROOPS WERE KILLED MONDAY IN TWO ATTACKS ON MILITA...
World | March 4, 2002, Monday // 00:00
At least seven U.S. troops were killed Monday in two attacks on military helicopters in eastern Afghanistan, Pentagon sources said. Six were killed when their Chinook chopper was shot down and a firefight ensued. It was unclear how the six died. At least 10 U.S. military personnel also were injured. Another U.S. serviceman died when a helicopter was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade or other launched weapon, but the circumstances also were unclear, the military said. The helicopter managed to fly back to Gardez, capital of the Paktia province in eastern Afghanistan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure