Citizens Raise Funds for Oldest Monastery in Sofia
The charity concert took place in the National Museum The Earth and the People in Sofia.
The money gathered will be donated for the renovation of the monastery St. Petka.
Folklore dancing ensembles and choirs presented traditional Bulgarian songs and dances to the audience.
The monastery is located in the Kalugerovi livadi area, close to the Bistritsa village.
The St. Petka Monastery was built in the 10th century in the skirts of Vitosha Mountain, but was demolished in 14th century. In 1869 a monk built a small church on the same place. The St. Petka church has one nave, one apse, narthex and a belfry above it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total