65% of Bulgarian Prostitutes' Husbands "Aware"
About 22% of the prostitutes' parents are also aware of their daughters' profession.
Nearly 55% of Bulgarian men think prostitution is a normal job.
The research was carried out among 301 men aged between 20 and 60, 265 prostitutes aged between 16 and 35, as well as 302 young girls aged between 14 and 20.
The purpose of the survey was to detect the reasons, which cause women trafficking and sexual exploitation, Mira Yanova of MBMD said.
The rights of Bulgarian prostitutes are violated, 70% of the interviewed men said, in most of the cases the girls get beaten and humiliated by pimps or clients.
Some 74% of the inquired men said they've never paid for sex but sociologists claim the percent is higher (about 20 - 30%).
Among the reasons why men pay for sex are the drive to experience new sexual adventures (40%), problems with their life-mates (31%), or the desire to demonstrate prosperity and self-confidence (8%), the survey shows.
The interviewed prostitutes motivate their choice of profession with poverty, unemployment, desire to earn more with little or no efforts, lack of education, bad family or friends environment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian 19-Year-Old Boy Died After a Dangerous Selfie
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 86 Newly Registered Cases. 4506 Acive Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death