HUNDREDS OF SUPPORTERS OF ZIMBABWEAN PRESIDENT ROBERT MUGABE ATTACKED ...
World | February 25, 2002, Monday // 00:00
Hundreds of supporters of Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe attacked people leaving an opposition election campaign rally. About 500 Mugabe followers, armed with clubs and stones, swarmed around the exits of a stadium in Chinhoyi late on Sunday after opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai had left the venue. Tsvangirai had vowed to end a "reign of terror" if he took power in the March 9-10 election. Mugabe hopes to extend his 22 years in power by being re-elected.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 8 Arrested in Belgium for Preparing a Terrorist Act
- » European Parliament: There will be an Electric Car Station every 60 kilometers in the EU
- » 20 Dead in Bus Crash with Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia
- » North Korea to increase production of 'Nuclear Weapons Material’
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform