IN A BLAZE OF FIREWORK SHELLS AND ROCK 'N ROLL, SALT LAKE CITY BID AN ...
World | February 25, 2002, Monday // 00:00
In a blaze of firework shells and rock 'n roll, Salt Lake City bid an explosive farewell to the XIXth Winter Olympics on Sunday. After the dignified opening to the 17-day Games, overshadowed by the September 11 attacks, the closing ceremony was a celebration allowing the 2,500 athletes from 78 countries to let their hair down before heading home. It was a spectacular end to what had been a disappointing final day for the organizers and Olympic officials after a mini-riot overnight in the center of Salt Lake City and a major drugs bust involving three gold medallists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 8 Arrested in Belgium for Preparing a Terrorist Act
- » European Parliament: There will be an Electric Car Station every 60 kilometers in the EU
- » 20 Dead in Bus Crash with Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia
- » North Korea to increase production of 'Nuclear Weapons Material’
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform