Christmas Fast Invites Bulgarians to Repent Sins
The Long Lent, as it is also known, is seeking to purify people's bodies and souls, to propel the individual to do decent deeds and to repent over sins.
Fasting is related to the partial or temporary abstinence from food, particularly of animal origin such as meat and dairy products.
It is to the Church of Rome that we must give the credit for the origins of the feast of the birth of Christ.
Unlike the Orthodox Church preaching meat abstinence throughout the whole fasting period, the Roman Catholic Church recommends abstinence on Fridays only.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian 19-Year-Old Boy Died After a Dangerous Selfie
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 86 Newly Registered Cases. 4506 Acive Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death