A PERMANENT CEASEFIRE HAS COME INTO FORCE IN SRI LANKA WHICH IT IS HOP...
World | February 23, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
A permanent ceasefire has come into force in Sri Lanka which it is hoped will lead to peace talks between the government and Tamil Tiger rebels. The truce, which will be observed by small teams headed by international monitors, has caused great excitement in the predominantly Tamil north of the island. This is the area worst-affected by the two decades of ethnic conflict.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start