Bulgarian Movies Featured in Fest Against Women Trafficking
Svetlana's Journey and Lady Z are the two Bulgarian productions that will enter the program of the festival along with movies from Sweden, Israel, USA, Canada and the UK.
All screenings will be free and the fest, called "Beyond the Obvious - Women Trafficking and the World Cinema", will be held in Sofia's Cinema Home.
Maria Full of Grace - the story of a pregnant Colombian, who sees no chances in her life and becomes a cocaine mule and Lilja 4-ever, about a Russian 16-year-old lured to Sweden with flashy promises, are just some of the movies that Bulgarians will be able to see during the festival.
Organized by the Animus Foundation and Sofia Film Fest, the festival marks the International Day Against Violence Against Women.
Shot in Bulgaria, Svetlana's journey is the directing debut of Bold and The Beautiful star Michael Cory Davis and features only Bulgarian actors. Davis shot the movie in cooperation with Face to Face organization, dedicated to the fight against forced prostitution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total