Bulgarian Designers Dress Up Barbie for Blondes Week
Going back to their childhood, each of the designers gave Barbie the look they have always wanted to, adding some more clothes to her vast wardrobe and at the same time helping out the orphans from Sofia's Nadezhda home.
Albena Alexandrova from "Roshavata Garga" fashion house, world-renown Virginia Zdravkova, and Irida Fashion Atelier, were just some of the experts who put their imagination to dressing up Barbie. Zhana Zhekova, singer Irina Florin and Neli Koleva joined them with many others in giving the beauty queen a funky new look.
Valentino-dressed Barbies also "visited" the exhibition, but were overshadowed by the soaring imagination of the local designers. Frills, denim, leather, gems, brocade, studs, satin and firs adorned the Barbies, earning many envious looks by the women gathered to see the mini catwalk, who secretly wondered whether this skirt or that jacket came in their size too.
The star of the evening was the Barbie doll dressed by designer Paola Apsi, which was sold for BGN 2,700 to businesswoman Maria Teofilova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total