Same-Sex Marriages Discussed in Sofia
In the meantime US President George Bush criticized a decision of the New Jersey court to allow gay marriages in the state. Bush defended heterosexual marriages, calling them "a sacred institution that has to be protected."
One of the other hot discussion topics in Sofia is the problem of ILGA members gathering in public - an issue that is especially frowned upon in former socialist countries, bTV reported.
Gay rallies in Poland, Russia and Latvia have faced many restrictions.
The first time authorities ever allowed for the gay parade in Warsaw to take place was in 2006.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total